What is an HTML Signature?An HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) signature is a piece of text appearing at the bottom of your online message. It is different from the simple and common, plain text by an ability to display images in different sizes, colors, and shapes, add tracking links, lines, or dots other design elements. Check these eye-catching HTML signature examples to realize that the signature can be not boring but eye-catching, elegant, and recognizable. In the past, you probably had to be an experienced coder, an email signature designer, or a developer to create an HTML signature. Old methods implied building numerous HTML tables with multiple rows and columns, writing long and complex codes, to create an email footer or disclaimer with a complicated layout. The CSS (cascade style sheets) language knowledge was also necessary, as these elements were helped position the text and represent graphic elements in the web pages and messages. The authors had to set the right columns' width and height to make sure the target email client surmises the dimensions properly. Nowadays, the creation of an HTML signature is fast and amazingly simple. It takes only several minutes and no effort at all. Just use an advanced and efficient HTML email signature generator, and be sure that your message signature is unique, compatible with all available platforms, and adequately represented.
7 Easy Steps to Build a Simple HTML Email SignatureModern services help you add an informative and well-designed signature easily and focus on your key business without wasting any second of your cherished time. Find a reliable, safe, and free HTML email signature creator, like MySignature, go to the service website and sign up for an account. Note that although the free option allows you to create a structured HTML email sign-off, it may not be sufficient if you want your signature to be on-brand. Advanced features allow you to customize the design to stay in line with your brand identity, boost your personal social media profiles, and much more.
1. Start creating your signatureGo to the MySignature online generator and click the "Create Signature" button to initiate the signature generation.
2. Select your ideal templateChoose one of the predesigned templates that reflects the best your brand voice. You can select the necessary template category from the drop-down menu or start creating your HTML email signature from scratch.
3. Fill in the personal informationAdd the necessary contact details such as your position, official name, addresses, and phone numbers.
4. Add social media iconsClick the "Social" tab, select the social media you use heavily, and need to add to the contacts. Edit each social media details, changing the URL.
5. Customize your email sign-off designProceeding to the design, customize your email signature to make sure it's in line with your brand identity. Choose the best-suitable layout options, such as font size, color, background. Some basic HTML footer templates are available in our free editor. The premium editor allows you to choose from a wider variety of signature templates, add different icons, and use advanced design tools.
6. Save your signatureOnce you have finished customizing your email signature, save the changes by clicking the "Save signature" button.
7. Install your sign-offIf everything is ok, click the "Copy to clipboard" button or select the HTML code of the signature you previewed to proceed with the installation. As you see, not only the coders can manage the important task, making use of professional services. Note: check installation guide for your email client before installation. Quite naturally, the mail signature HTML template is to be personalized, targeting the right person and the device used to read the message.
Benefits of Using MySignature ServiceThe HTML email signature generator helps you to make your messages professional, relevant, and informative thanks to the signatures that:
- are branded
- mobile adaptive
- and cross-platform.
Helga is a CMO at MySignature and digital marketer with 7+ years of experience. Having worked in numerous industries she has a deep understanding of various markets and a variety of tools as well as growth hacking techniques that can boost marketing activity in a particular sphere.