As of July 2022, the three most used email clients in the world were Apple (65.06%), Gmail (23.51%), and Outlook (3.35%). Despite the fact that Outlook takes only third place, lots of professional emails are written and sent using this email client.
What about email signatures? They make your emails look better and make it easier for people to get in touch with you. Fortunately, you don’t have to write the same lines in every reply. In this article, we’ll explain how to add signature in Outlook and improve your branding and communication.
Every day, thousands of emails are sent directly to important business contacts like customers, prospects, vendors, partners, investors, and so on. But how can you get better at your email game? How can you improve the conversion rates of your emails, look more professional, and raise brand awareness at the same time? Simple. Add an Outlook signature. Such signatures are one of the easiest ways to improve your emails, and they don’t take much time to set up.
How to create a signature in Outlook? Many people use just a few lines of plain text with their name, job title, and contact info, but why not design your custom email footer that looks professional and creates more engagement?
Of course, you can make such a signature on your own, but it’s best to use dedicated tools to achieve a professional look.
With MySignature, you can make a customized email signature that looks great and stands out. It allows you to add your photo, logo, links to social media, website URL, promotional banner with a call to action, and more.
If you use Outlook.com, Outlook on the web, the desktop app, or the mobile app, you can quickly and easily add a signature block to all of your emails. We’ll show you how.
- To start, log in to your Outlook.com account, click the gear icon at the top right, and select View all Outlook settings. On the left side of the window, click Mail and then select Compose and Reply from the options that appear.
- On the Compose and Reply page, scroll down until you see a box marked Email signature. There, you can type whatever you’d like your signature to include. You can add your name, address, phone number, website, and anything else you feel is important.
- Once you’re done composing your signature, you can format the text with bold, italics, and underlining. You can also change the font, font size, and color. If you’d like to add an image, you can click the Insert Image button.
- Once you’re satisfied with your signature, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save. Your signature will now be included in every new email you compose in Outlook.com. If you ever need to change or update your signature, you can return to the Compose and Reply page to make the adjustments.
When you use Outlook on the web, the process of setting an Outlook HTML signature is the same as when you use Outlook.com. Check out the above section for instructions.
Keep in mind that instead of a plain text option, you can create a professional email signature with the help of MySignature.
Setting up a signature in Outlook for desktop involves just a few simple steps.
- The first step is to open Outlook and then select Options located in the File menu. This will bring up a window where you can find the Mail tab. Once you are in the Mail tab, you can find the Signatures category in the Compose Messages section. Here you can create a new signature by clicking the New button.
- Once you have created your signature, you can customize it to your liking by adding text, images, logos, and links. You can also customize the font, font size, and font color as well. Additionally, you can also set up a signature for every account depending on your preferences.
- When you are finished customizing your signature, you can save your changes by clicking OK. Your signature will now be available to use in all your emails. You can select your signature from the message window and add it to any email you are sending.
Adding your signature in the Outlook mobile app is easy and takes only a couple of minutes. Here is what you need to do.
How to edit signature in Outlook on Android:
- Open the Outlook app and tap on the Outlook icon
- Then click on the gear icon in the column’s bottom left corner
- Tap your account, then tap Signature
- Insert the text and links you want to use as your signature, and then tap Done
- Now, every email you send from Outlook on your Android device will have your signature at the bottom.
How to edit signature in Outlook on iPhone:
- Open the Outlook app on your phone, and then go to Settings
- Tap your account, then tap Signature
- Type in the text you want to use as your signature in the box provided. You can tap the Signature Image button to upload a picture to your signature (this is optional)
- Tap Save when you’re happy with your signature.
You might also like: "How to Create an iPhone email signature"
Having a signature that contains all the correct, up-to-date information will help make a good impression on anyone who receives an email from you. So let’s learn how to edit your signature in Outlook.
If you use Outlook for Windows, follow the steps below:
- Start Outlook and click on the File tab
- Then go to Options and choose Mail
- Scroll down to the Signatures section until you see the Edit button. Click on it
- Edit your signature in the Signature Editor and finally click OK
- Your modifications will be saved automatically.
Here’s how you update signature in Outlook on your Mac:
- Launch Outlook and go to the Preferences menu
- Click on the Signatures tab, and then, under Signature Name choose the
signature you want to modify
- Click on Edit and make your adjustments
- Finally, click Save.
If you use Outlook 365, follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook and sign in. In the upper right-hand corner, click the gear symbol
- The drop-down option will allow you to select View all Outlook settings
- In the left sidebar, select Email and then Compose and Reply
- Changes to your signature should be entered in the text box under Signature
- To save your changes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Are you looking for inspiration for your Outlook email footer? Here are some examples of Outlook signature designs that you can use as a starting point for your own signature.
Chose any and click to start create your signature!
Creating an email signature doesn’t need to be a daunting task. There are a few simple tips and tricks to help you create a professional and attractive email signature.
- Keep it short and sweet: Your email signature should be short and to the point. Include your name, job title, and company name, as well as contact information such as a phone number or website link.
- Add your headshot and/or logo: Adding your picture is a great way to make your email signature stand out. Choose a professional-looking image that’s in line with your brand.
- Use visuals: Adding visual elements to your email signature will really make it shine. Play with font types and colors, use dividers. But do not overdo it.
- Add a call to action: Let your recipients know what you expect them to do next. For example, “Book a demo,” “Download an eBook,” etc.
Check out the complete email signature guide for more tips.
Are You Ready to Create Your Outlook Email Signature?
Here are the quick answers to the most common questions about Outlook signatures.
How do you add a picture to your Outlook email signature?
Navigate to View all Outlook settings in Outlook. Select Email > Compose & Reply. Then click the Insert Pictures Inline option and select the image you wish to use as your signature. Adjust the image’s size and position as appropriate. When you’re finished, click Save.
How to change signature in Outlook for Android?
Open the Outlook app on your Android smartphone. Tap the picture of your account in the top left corner. Then tap the gear icon in the lower left corner to get to Outlook’s settings. To change your signature, tap Signature. Type your information. To finish setting up, click the check mark in the upper right corner.
Why doesn’t my Outlook app have my signature?
When you make an Outlook signature, you can add images, links, and special formatting or characters. If you send a plain text email or if your recipients can only get plain text emails, your signature may not show up at all or not in the way it was formatted. You can make an email signature that is just text to use in plain text emails.
How to change signature in Outlook on iPhone?
Open the Outlook app on your iPhone device and go to Settings. Tap your account, then tap Signature. Type in the text you want to use as your signature in the box provided. Tap Save when you’re happy with your signature.
How do I remove Get Outlook for iOS Signature on iPhone?
Open the Outlook app on your iPhone device and go to Settings. Tap your account, then tap Signature. Tap in the box that says “Get Outlook for iOS” and remove that text. Add preferred signature.