What Exactly Is a Personal Branding Video?Creating a successful personal brand might sound like a daunting, mythical task for some people. It is probably because many people still struggle to understand where to start. That is why it is so easy for them to get lost in the process. Meanwhile, in this competitive digital world, having a distinguished and unique personal brand is quite important. It creates top-in-mind awareness so that it helps audiences remember you better. After all, we are all tired of seeing only lists of names, portraits, bios that boast an individual's brilliance on social media profiles. We really need and want to see who to make deals with. This is where personal branding videos come in handy. As the name suggests, personal branding videos is a short video (with an ideal duration of two to three minutes) that gives an overview of your personal brand. It communicates who you are, your works, your target audience, and the benefits or values you offer to their organizations. In other words, a personal branding video is a lighthearted way to introduce yourself as a brand. The main goal is to address target audiences’ questions and curiosity as well as give them reasons why they should trust you. Here is an example of a stunning personal branding video from Brittany Pham: https://youtu.be/OwfhVe0CMfw That being said, there is one thing you need to keep in mind, though. You need to create well-crafted and professional-looking personal branding videos to improve your authority and show your target audiences that you are a professional. A poorly-created personal branding video can harm your reputation rather than boost your online presence. That is why it is always better to spend more effort, time, or budget to create a professional personal branding video. You can also rely on professional explainer video companies if you have zero videography skills or experience.
5 Reasons Why You Need a Professional Personal Branding VideoNow that you understand what a personal branding video is, it’s time to get into the nitty-gritty details about its importance. Here you go:
1. An engaging way to deliver your messageIn the age that digitizes our lives more and more every day, your target audiences have seen enough About Me pages with bulky paragraphs and maybe several photos or images. It’s time for you to take the step forward from the crowded frontlines by showing yourself through a video. A well-crafted personal branding should make it much easier for you to deliver your message seamlessly, helping audiences better understand your personal brand. With videos, you can use a tone that matches your target audience and tells story-driven messages. Your target audiences do not need to spend hours reading the text-heavy paragraphs to understand who you really are and why they need your brand. All they need to do is to click on the video and simply see you introduce yourself. According to the stat, the combination of both visual and audio elements that videos have can help audiences retain the message better. They retain 95% of a message when they absorb it through a video compared to 10% when reading it in plain text.
2. Generate more trustYour target audiences only want to invest in a brand that they trust. That is why the trust-building process is critical when it comes to boosting your personal brand. In this case, personal branding videos offer you an easy way to build credibility and trust so that more audiences seek out your service or product. Personal branding video creates a solid connection between your target audience with your brand and makes you visible in the public sphere. It puts a face and voice with a name and helps establish trust. One of the biggest perks of using personal branding videos is that you can include any other content such as texts, images, or even short clips to the video. To generate more trust and give your personal brand more authority, you can add customer or client testimonial clips. So, instead of showing and introducing yourself for a whole three minutes, you can feature satisfied previous customers and let them do the talking. Those genuine opinions and thoughts from the previous customer make your brand more approachable, trustworthy, and memorable.
3. Create a unique email signatureWhen it comes to personal branding, email marketing is one of the most important strategies to reach personally to target audiences or reply to their questions. In this case, email signature must be playing such an important role in order to make your email look personal and human as well as giving the audience a glimpse into your contact information. That being said, your target audiences are getting tired of seeing mediocre and overused template-like email signatures -- with the formula name, contact information, website, and social media. Luckily, with a well-crafted personal branding video, you can create unique and fresh email signatures. Yes. You can add a personal branding video to your email signature. Videos add something special to your email signature. It sets your email apart from others in the inbox, so it will not blend into the background.
4. Build a solid online presenceVideos, in general, are well-known for their capability to higher your website rank on the search engine results page (SERPs) like Google. A website with a video is 53 times more likely to sit on the top pages of search engines compared to those without. It means creating a personal branding video helps you boost your website presence and increase your traffic. And you know the thing: the more website traffic you drive, the more opportunities you have to collect more leads and increase conversions. One thing to keep in mind here is that you need to optimize your personal branding videos in the first place to make them more SEO-friendly. Here are some essential tips to ensure that your video stands a chance to appear on the top pages of SERPs:
- Use keyword-based titles and descriptions
- Create engaging thumbnails
- Add transcripts or closed captions (CC)
- Make it mobile-friendly
- Include relevant hashtags
5. Extremely shareableIt only takes a few clicks and a couple of seconds to make a personal branding video spread like a wildfire. You can easily host them on all your social media profiles and other digital platforms. This high shareability allows you to reach broader audiences seamlessly. And when an audience finds your personal branding video captivating and inspiring, they will share it with their friends and family. As a result, you will get more and more eyeballs as well as authority. Therefore, to get your personal branding video more shares, you must make sure that you offer values and tell stories. You can show how you can help your potential clients and customers learn and overcome challenges in an inspiring way. By all means, give your audience reasons to share your personal branding videos. Avoid bragging too much about your capabilities of being a brand. It can make the video hard-selling and too promotional. After all, no one ever wants to share a video about a person just simply talking about how great they are and their services or products, right? Conclusion So, do you need a video for your personal branding strategy? The answer is an empathetic YES. Now that we live in an era where individuality itself can become a popular brand, a personal branding video is an engaging format you need to create to set yourself apart from the fierce competition. Using video is a great way to give your personal brand the refresh it needs. It gives a full picture of who you are and what you offer. From all those benefits of the personal branding video mentioned above, it is safe to say that your competitors will easily get your sales and your opportunities if videos are not a regular part of your personal brand marketing.
Author’s Bio Andre OentoroAndre Oentoro is the founder of Breadnbeyond, an award-winning explainer video company. He helps businesses increase conversion rates, close more sales, and get positive ROI from explainer videos (in that order).