1. Grammar ErrorsHave you ever noticed that mobile messages are commonly full of terrible typos and blatant errors? They look really inaccurate as if the author was writing them carelessly, paying no attention to the grammar and syntax, feeling no respect to the reader. Quite naturally, writing on a small smartphone screen is not too convenient. Typos are frequent, and the autocorrect services such as T9 are commonly not helpful, changing the words and the total message sense. However, you can proofread the text, using the innovative mobile apps. The only thing that is always essential is an Internet connection. But if you are sending emails from your smartphone, you might have got it. This solution helps you to ensure the perfect text quality that is similar to the letter written on your PC or another desktop device. Thus, even writing messages to your friends or relatives, be polite and respectful. Meanwhile, your colleagues, boss or business partners could regard an email with errors and typos as unprofessional conduct and unpleasant inaccuracy.
2. Casual ToneFormalities are unnecessary when we send emails to our friends or family members. Meanwhile, official communication requires etiquette and formal tone. That’s why, writing “formal”, business emails on your innovative smartphone:
- stick to the standard letter structure;
- use universal, official English;
- treat the readers your equal;
- speak naturally;
- don’t shout, write in a normal tone.
3. Convoluted LettersYour messages that are designed for reading on a smartphone are to be concise and clear. The letters that are longer than the reader’s mobile device’s screen, may be ignored as rambling or too lengthy. The messages are to come in the right order. In case if you have to communicate a lot of relevant information, make a call or write an email from your PC.
4. Avoid Excessive TextspeakShortening the text into obscurity is inappropriate, as well. Using only the numbers and clipped words in the message texts were acceptable several decades ago. Nowadays, when modern technologies and advanced apps make typing easier, the writing etiquette has also evolved. The recent studied showed that bad grammar is a negative factor event for the dating websites users, making them turn-off the conversations with uneducated or childish companions. That’s why, to impress the reader, use the keyboards and create perfect, complete sentences with proper punctuation.
5. Don’t Overuse EmojisEmojis are perfect, enhancing communication and facilitating reading. However, they are suitable only for the corresponding audience of your closed ones, for use in personal communication. These short, funny, digital images are completely not appropriate for business or official emails. Thus, writing to your friends or relatives, don’t overuse them; sending messages to your co-workers, superiors, business partners or customers, don’t use emojis at all. Being used in your workspace they can have negative meaning and cause a nonresponse or pushback. Thus, if you need writing emails on your smartphone, make them short, simple, clear and error-free. Don’t forget about the professional, attractive signature. Otherwise, if typing on the tiny screen is too complicated at the moment, better wait until you get access to your PC, and write a good, informative and consistent letter.
Helga is a CMO at MySignature and digital marketer with 7+ years of experience. Having worked in numerous industries she has a deep understanding of various markets and a variety of tools as well as growth hacking techniques that can boost marketing activity in a particular sphere.